Assistant Teacher Position (Part- or Full-Time)
Beginning August 2020
Makom Community | www.makomcommunity.org
2013 Sansom Street | Philadelphia, PA 19103
Makom Community is looking for Assistant Teachers to join our team. Do you…
- Want to be involved in cutting-edge urban Jewish learning for children and their families?
- See yourself as an innovator of the field of Jewish Education?
- Want to be part of a team that values your creativity and will challenge you to grow professionally and personally?
- Seek to be inspired and empowered by peers and experienced educators?
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Facilitate Jewish learning for children in grades PreK-5 (ages 4-12) Monday through Friday during afterschool enrichment and camp programming
- Facilitate specialty programming for afterschool children based on your specific expertise i.e. music, drama, sports, movement etc.
- Partake in regular goal setting and reflections for personal and professional growth
- Develop new skills and ways of thinking related to working with children and families
- August camp days are Monday- Thursday from 8:30am-3:30pm
- Afterschool Enrichment, beginning in September, runs Monday to Friday 2:00pm to 6:00pm
- If students are not in public school every day, there may be additional hours beginning as early as 8am that could change this into a full-time role.
NOTE: This may vary depending on the schedule of our public school children. Preference will be given to applicants who can work multiple days a week. This could be a full-time role for the right person if our learners are on a staggered schedule, which would mean many more program hours at Makom Community.
Education, Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Minimum of 3 year’s experience working with children
- Ability to abide by Makom Community, CDC, and PA COVID-19 guidelines while working with children
- Strong connection to Jewish tradition
- Familiar with Hebrew, highly creative, and passionate about kids’ learning
- Must be a flexible thinker, facilitator, team player and holds high standards for themselves
- MUST have or obtain all appropriate background checks within 30 days of hire
To apply: Send resume, availability & 3 references to Amanda Phillips, Center City Director email@example.com