We are so excited to share that we are returning to five days a week in-person at Makom Community! All our staff will be fully vaccinated. As of Monday, April 19, we will resume Jewish Enrichment 5 days a week for all our kiddos. Jewish Enrichment will take place from 3:00-5:00pm. Drop off at Makom Community or to the walking group at 3:00pm each day.
- Jewish Enrichment Monday through Friday 3-5pm in person!
- Kiddo(s) can be dropped off at Makom Community beginning at 3:00pm. Class will begin at 3:30pm.
- If you’re coming from home, please get your kiddo(s) a snack before they arrive.
- Challah baking each Friday to bring home and share with your family!
- School pick up is available. Be in touch with Amanda to coordinate.
- One-on-one time with our educators will now be scheduled during Jewish Enrichment time instead of as house calls.
- Once COVID cases are below 10 cases per 100k people, we will invite families to attend Family Shabbat at Makom Community! We can’t wait!
Returning to School In-Person?
- You can expect a morning text from Makom Community with COVID screening questions. Please make sure to answer them before your child’s pickup time each day. If we haven’t heard from you, we’ll call around 2:00pm to check in (or before we pick up).
- Please email Amanda to let us know your child’s school days and times. We will help coordinate pickups!
- If it is too much to carry, we will ask you to help get school supplies from your kiddo(s) before they walk to Makom.
- If there is notification that someone in your child’s classroom was diagnosed with COVID-19, let us know ASAP. We will ask everyone from your household to not attend Makom Community for 14 days after the last date they may have been in contact with the sick child. A seven day quarantine and negative test on day 7 or later means your child can also return to programming. We will do our best to offer one-on-one time with an educator on zoom or remote learning options during a quarantine period.
- Send your kiddo with a snack to eat before Jewish Enrichment begins, please. We’ll make sure they have an outdoor and well distanced time to eat asap after picking up.
Jewish Enrichment Updates
- You are welcome to drop off your child from 3:00-3:30pm Monday-Friday on Ionic Street. Programming will begin at 3:30pm.
- Pickup is at 5:00pm on Ionic Street or 5:25pm at Chester Arthur.
- Keeping with our current safety plan, we will not have group snack time. Please make sure your kiddo(s) eat a snack before arriving at Makom Community.
- We will continue to provide a walking group to/from Chester Arthur. The walking group will leave Chester Arthur at 3:00pm and will return by 5:30pm.
- We know your kiddo(s) love their 1:1 house calls. We do too! With our return to in person learning, educators will now plan for 1:1 time with each child in their classroom once a week. This will allow them to check in, and continue individualizing learning.