Last year, we wanted to bring our FABULOUS Makom Community learning to kids across the country, so we launched Makom @ Home. This year, we are offering it in an even more flexible way.
We will have upper and lower elementary school cohorts for kids 4-6, and 7-10 years old. If you think your child is on the border of these ages and would do better in the older or younger cohort, please discuss that with Beverly.
How are Makom @ Home classes scheduled?
As we get interest from families, we will work with your schedule! If you help us gather a group of 4 learners, you can select your own time slot!
What do kids learn at Makom @ Home?
Each one-hour session has three components:
- Explore! Kids have an opportunity to explore Jewish text, ask questions, challenge our tradition, and reflect its meaning into their own lives through conversation and creative projects.
- Tefilah workshop: Build skills for Hebrew reading and understanding Jewish prayer.
- Tefilah (Prayer, Music, and Movement): Enjoy singing together using the skills we built in Tefilah workshop, bring mindfulness into the day, and deepen our understanding of Jewish prayer.
Makom @ Home Class Schedule & Fees:
- Taste of Makom @ Home: September — ONE MONTH — 6 classes, each one hour (2x most weeks, scheduled around the Jewish holidays) $200
- Makom @ Home: All year long! Each of these 11-week quarters meets 3 days each week for one hour; $1200 per quarter
- Fall Quarter October 4 – December 23
- Winter Quarter January 3 – March 10
- Spring Quarter March 21 – June 14 (skips the week of April 18 for Passover)
Interested in Makom @ Home?
Contact Beverly Socher-Lerner, Makom Community’s Founding Director, to learn more. email@example.com or call (484) 278-1335.