Careers: Join our Team!
Makom Community is growing! If you’re interested in joining our team, see whether one of these openings might be the right next steps in your career.
Makom Community transforms Jewish Education by creating and modeling experiential and intentional learning environments in collaboration with educators, children, and their families. Our pedagogy for Jewish Education celebrates curiosity and questioning of Jewish wisdom. Our roots in Jewish tradition are a springboard for children to be kind, confident, and resilient leaders today and in the future. We listen deeply to children’s voices as they build community where they love to be. Through our experiences together, Makom Community is committed to creating a more just world as an outgrowth of our Jewish learning. We are nurturing a Jewish community that is open to anyone who wants to engage with Jewish life alongside their family.
Quick Facts about Makom Community
- Daily, High-Quality Jewish Education as Afterschool Enrichment
- Children Ages 4-10 in Center City and South Philadelphia (Pre-K through 4th grade)
- 5th-7th Grade Students in our BMitzvah Program in Center City
- Project-Based and Child-Led Learning
- School’s Out Camps During School Vacations, Snow Days, and Early Dismissals
- Growing Model of Family and adult learning and holiday services
At Makom Community, we deeply value the unique and rich contributions of each member of our team. We are committed to building a team that is as diverse as our community. The more inclusive our team is, the more inclusive our community building will be.